This is a beautiful selection of a Vintage Blue Ridge Coral. Blue corals are some of the only corals to retain their color within their skeletons. They are also the only octocoral known to produce a large skeleton. The beautiful blue & grey hues are caused by iron salts within their skeleton.
Scientific Name: HELIOPORA COERULA
Each coral is unique! Here are some interesting features about this particular coral-
- Has a cut base that allows it to sit beautifully on its own
- Is a vibrant blue color with white accents
- Small size is perfect for additions to displays or for a small shelf
- Can be displayed from different angles
- We estimate this coral was collected in the 1960s
- This piece has white coral growth on the base
Dimensions are: 10" L x 7" W x 7"HDecorating with Sea Shells and Vintage and/or coral is a very HOT Designer Trend. Coastal Styles never go out of season, and even if you don't live by the shoreline- you can display simple small elements of its beauty in any home style. I'm amazed at the amounts of beautiful sea life featured in top decorating magazines, even if it's not a Coastal Trend magazine, most photos contain some type of sea life feature in each photo! From a large shell on a shelf, to an entire room filled with the sea treasures!
We hope you display this coral with pride, coral is a precious resource, and now being treated like costly gems. We DO NOT support, nor sell, any New Specimens. WE ONLY SELL VINTAGE CORAL, and hope you will only buy the same.